One thing’s for sure: A marketer’s pain points are not uniform. They vary by company size, focus (B2B vs. B2C), and by marketer age and experience in the role. These variables affect everything, from mobile advertising efforts, agency spending and perceived market barriers, to how marketers rate the effectiveness of their brand building, lead generation and social marketing efforts, and their satisfaction with marketing stack partners.
Outsell’s Annual Advertising and Marketing Study 2016: Marketing Platform Perceptions examines select results when viewed by specific marketing platforms in use. It defines subtle differences in marketer behavior and their perceptions of platform solutions, including Adobe, Constant Contact, Experian, HubSpot, IBM, Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce, and more.
With overall marketing spend set to reach $473 billion in the US in 2016, everyone wants a piece of the CMO’s pie. Marketing platform vendors and publishers looking for a competitive edge are advised to pay attention to marketer behavior and the platforms and tools they use and continue to invest in, along with perceptions of high satisfaction.
Outsell fielded a web-based survey to 1,501 US marketers and advertisers in December 2015, across 36 spending categories. Respondents were responsible for ad and marketing spend or for specifying budgets. Of the total respondents, 752 are B2B-focused, while 749 are consumer-focused. This report focuses on all 1,501 respondents and examines select results by vendor platform, including:
- Mobile: The importance of mobile apps versus the mobile web in 2016 budget efforts.
- Agency spending: Specifically by company size and platforms and tools used.
- Marketer barriers and pain points: Including the rise of and response to ad blocking.
- Brand-building effort effectiveness: Specifically among search, TV, sponsored content, and email methods.
- Social platform effectiveness: Including ties to specific marketing platforms and tools as well as B2B versus consumer-focus.
- Platform satisfaction: Marketer satisfaction levels by marketing technology platform.
- We use scaling factors to convert the distribution of marketers and advertisers participating in this study into a mix (by size of the advertisers’ firms) that represents the total population of US marketers and advertisers. Outsell’s segmentation of total spend and preferences into consumer segments, by size of firm, age of marketer, and years of experience, is unique in the industry.
- Why This Topic
- Mobile Apps and Mobile Web Still on Equal Footing
- Agency Spending Trends Drive Interest in Agency-Like Services
- Know Your Customer – Marketer Pain Points Vary by Platform
- More Mobile In-App and Native Ads to Combat Ad Blocking
- Platforms Play to Specific Marketing Effectiveness Strengths
- Platform and Tool Usage Aligns to Social Strategy
- Marketing Platform Satisfaction Illustrates Broader Platforms Emerging
- Essential Actions
- Related Research
Management Consulting Company?
Investment levels are adjusted accordingly for management consulting companies. Please contact email@example.com to have your order fulfilled.