One thing’s for sure: A marketer’s pain points are not uniform. They vary by company size, focus (B2B vs. B2C), and by marketer age and experience in the role. These variables affect everything, from mobile advertising efforts, agency spending and perceived market barriers, to how marketers rate the effectiveness of their brand building, lead generation and social marketing efforts, and their satisfaction with marketing stack partners.
Outsell’s Annual Advertising and Marketing Study 2016: Marketing Platform Perceptions examines select results when viewed by specific marketing platforms in use. It defines subtle differences in marketer behavior and their perceptions of platform solutions, including Adobe, Constant Contact, Experian, HubSpot, IBM, Marketo, Oracle, Salesforce, and more.
With overall marketing spend set to reach $473 billion in the US in 2016, everyone wants a piece of the CMO’s pie. Marketing platform vendors and publishers looking for a competitive edge are advised to pay attention to marketer behavior and the platforms and tools they use and continue to invest in, along with perceptions of high satisfaction.
- Why This Topic
- Mobile Apps and Mobile Web Still on Equal Footing
- Agency Spending Trends Drive Interest in Agency-Like Services
- Know Your Customer – Marketer Pain Points Vary by Platform
- More Mobile In-App and Native Ads to Combat Ad Blocking
- Platforms Play to Specific Marketing Effectiveness Strengths
- Platform and Tool Usage Aligns to Social Strategy
- Marketing Platform Satisfaction Illustrates Broader Platforms Emerging
- Essential Actions
- Related Research