If a computer system like IBM Watson can “reason” like a human being, what are the implications for information businesses? This new era of computing cannot be ignored; CEOs and their teams have a challenge ahead as they decide whether, when, and how to engage with cognitive computing. This report addresses:
- The progress IBM Watson has made since its commercial launch.
- IBM Watson’s market strategy and its impact in the health, financial, legal, and other sectors.
- How publishers and information businesses can use IBM Watson.
- Case studies from Deakin University, Vantage Software, and OnRamp Exchange.
Leading information businesses have the advantage of deep knowledge and long-term relationships with their users but they need to stay ahead of where this computing convergence is leading.
- Why This Topic
- Watson and Convergence
- What is Watson?
- Cognitive Computing
- The Watson Business
- Market Strategy
- Watson in Action
- Other Sectors
- Watson and the Content Business
- Content for Training
- Content Marketplace
- Using Watson
- Issues for IBM
- Essential Actions
- Related Research
Figures & Tables
- Figure 1. Growth of Watson Clients and Partners
- Figure 2. Watson Ecosystem APIs (March 2015)
- Figure 3. Working with Watson: Recommendations for Content Providers