Outsell is looking for an experienced, Marketing Director to define and implement our marketing and growth programs and build a marketing organization. You will work side by side with our CEO and VP of Product in our downtown Burlingame office, taking full ownership of Outsell’s online presence and customer acquisition programs. To be successful, you will already have experience building and running personalized inbound/outbound marketing campaigns to drive consistent sales revenue growth.
Key Responsibilities & Functions
- Delivering and managing our marketing strategy and developing plans to meet our objectives;
- Building and managing a small marketing team of internal and external resources;
- Working closely with our sales team to manage our lead funnel;
- Measuring progress and optimizing campaigns to meet and exceed targets;
- Reporting on a portfolio of marketing activities to align with budget and objectives/KPIs;
- Manage Outsell social media activities, executing social media strategy, and working with Outsell marketing/graphics team to ensure appropriate materials and messaging;
- Stay up to date on emerging market trends, techniques, technologies, and resources to ensure current and best practices;
- Produce marketing copy that speaks to the value Outsell delivers;
- Own the Outsell voice acting as an editor peer reviewing important collateral that goes to market;
- Manage contracting editors to ensure the Outsell voice is consistent; manage production schedules and marketing calendars and capacity planning that supports the needs of the team.
Essential Job Requirements
- At least five years of relevant marketing and copy editing experience.
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing go-to-market plans, including targeted paid advertising, online and offline events, and content marketing (white papers, case studies, and blogging etc.).
- Strong analytical and writing skills. You are comfortable with data and analytics, and you can clearly communicate your results and ideas.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team. Ability to supervise people, resources, and projects including organizing workflow to accomplish established objectives, delegate responsibly, and train and evaluate team members.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to listen to intended details attentively.
- Perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions effectively in environments with frequent workload changes and competing demands.
- Be a collaborative team member, excellent leader, and proactive member of the team.
- Marketo experience a plus
- WordPress experience a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Must have the ability to work on a computer for extended periods with or without accommodations and perform repetitive work for 8 hours/day. Required to sit at a computer and use a keyboard and mouse for extended periods.
- Must be able to communicate orally and use hands and fingers. Specific vision requirements include the ability to read and review work at close range on a computer screen.
- Be regularly present in Burlingame to collaborate in real time at the last minute with colleagues, work in a moderately noisy office environment, and work overtime as needed.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Some travel may be required to confer with colleagues at Outsell meetings.
Support Outsell’s Core Values:
- Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
- Innovation and creativity. We are wicked smart, can-do, agile, and embrace change.
- Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
- Accountability. We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
- Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
- Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
- Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
- Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
- Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
- Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
In addition to playing a meaningful role in building Outsell, you will receive:
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible vacation time;
- Health, Dental and Vision;
- Company lunch Tuesdays and Thursdays;
- Freedom to self-direct your learning and professional development;
- Daily chances to make a difference by solving real problems.