Top 10 Information Management Predictions for 2011
This report is essential reading for information managers who are tasked with meeting the needs of the enterprise in 2011. For at least another year, information management (IM) functions’ focus will continue to be largely tactical: optimizing vendor portfolios and content spending, benchmarking performance, conducting information audits, cutting costs, and striving to assess the real value of information services to the enterprise. It’s hard to find time and white space to innovate under these conditions, and yet, information users are racing ahead of IM functions in their demand for a better experience, and consumer technologies are setting the pace. This report contains predictions and recommendations in areas including:
- The need for strategic management and metrics in IM;
- Communicating effectively with management and demonstrating the value of IM;
- Going where the users are – supporting mobile, handheld devices;
- Understanding and working with social media and disruptive technologies;
- Why elegant design matters.
We provide a link to download a PDF at the end of the purchase process.
December 16, 2010