IM Report: 2010 Information Pricing Survey: In Search of Pricing and Licensing Models That Work
This report is targeted toward information managers, and provides directional guidance on anticipated pricing changes for paid content. The report analyzes results of Outsell’s September 2009 survey of 263 information managers from the corporate, education, government and non-profit, legal, and healthcare sectors on expected price increases for 2010, as well as Outsell’s conversations with key vendors for input about their pricing plans. As we head into license and subscription renewal season, vendor portfolio managers benefit from seeing pricing trends and patterns across the industry. This report provides current pricing benchmarks across key IM sectors and information provider segments and details vendor portfolio managers’ current thinking about licensing models and vendor relationships. It contains:
- Anticipated vendor pricing changes by IM sector based on survey responses;
- Expected content budget changes by IM sector (aggregate and net) based on survey responses;
- A table of survey responses on 2010 vendor pricing changes by provider category and product – qualitative guidance only;
- Analysis of key trends and themes relating to content buyers' expectations;
- Analysis of the vendors’ point of view as expressed to Outsell;
- Imperatives for information managers responsible for working with content vendors.