CEO Topics: Information Pricing Survey 2009
This report is targeted toward information vendor companies. It analyses results of a November 2008 Outsell survey of enterprise information buyers to gain an understanding of pricing trends and patterns, and provides insights about the competition and marketplace for information company leaders. Many information managers face flat budgets at best – and shrinking budgets as the new norm – for 2009. It’s important to understand how much additional pressure information vendors are (or aren’t) creating in the form of annual price increases. This report contains:
- Information about pricing changes based on survey responses from 124 information professionals in corporate, government, education, healthcare, nonprofit and other sectors;
- Analysis of pricing information for about 430 information contract agreements from the responding organizations;
- Key findings from the survey, including direct quotes from respondents;
- A table listing representative median price increases for 2009 (qualitative guidance only) for nearly 20 providers or products;
- Key themes and aggravators for 2009;
- Essential actions for information vendors looking to differentiate themselves from other offerings in the market.