Northern Light: Back, and Targeting Niche Markets
Despite its relative youth, Northern Light has already amassed a storied history. In a little over 10 years, the company rose to the top of the search engine heap, faced near ruin after it was acquired by another company (which ultimately collapsed into bankruptcy), and has now returned to prosperity and market dominance – albeit of a smaller niche market than general web search. Since 2004, the company has logged revenue growth averaging 30% per year and it is profitable today. The company has survived against the odds, and now provides valuable lessons for any company facing upheaval in its own market. Its lessons demonstrate the upside potential for companies of maintaining discipline in their market approach. This report contains:
- Company highlights, including target markets and product offerings;
- A look at what makes Northern Light unique;
- Details of the competitive landscape;
- Analysis of opportunities and threats facing Northern Light;
- Essential actions for publishers and search providers.