STM E-Books: 2012 Market Size, Share, and Forecast
In past years, publishers often treated e-books as a separate product type, useful in adding incremental sales on top of physical books. More recently, as these revenues have increased, publishers and information providers have begun recasting digital sales as an integral part of the product plan, changing the way content is commissioned, created, stored, and sold. While this is true in every market, Outsell focuses in this report on the specific needs of buyers and users of STM content, who require information more often at point-of-use, to solve particular problems, or to further develop new research. This report includes:
- Our analysis of current trends, including market size, share, growth, and submarket patterns;
- Outsell’s 10 to Watch in the STM e-book market;
- The top 10 STM e-book companies by 2011 revenue;
- A discussion of key trends and disruptors in the market;
- Outsell’s total market forecast to 2014.