Search, Aggregation & Syndication: 2008 Final Market Size and Share Report
This report provides an in-depth view of the Search, Aggregation & Syndication (SAS) marketplace, which we size at $48.2 billion with a growth rate of 16.1% in 2008. This is the latest in our annual series of market size and share reports for the segments of the information industry. In this report, we detail the size, growth rates, and market shares of the top 30 publishers and information providers in the SAS segment - led by Google, Yahoo! and MSN - and identify the significant issues and trends facing them and their markets. The report provides advice and essential actions for publishers and information providers that want to create revenue opportunities, attract new buyers, and achieve competitive advantage, and it supports those who cover and need greater understanding of the SAS segment, including suppliers to the industry. The report includes:
- An overview of the SAS market, including size and growth data from 2004-2008;
- Analysis of the three core subsegments in SAS: web search and portals, licensed content aggregators, and subscription and syndication services, including revenue and market share for the top five companies in each;
- A comparison of the top 10 SAS companies by growth and market share;
- Data on top SAS companies’ revenue broken out by geography, content format, and business model;
- A table with revenue, growth, CAGR, and market share for the top 30 companies in the SAS segment;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers.