Scientific, Technical & Medical Information: 2008 Market Forecast and Trends Report
This report includes detailed analysis of market trends and our forecast for growth and performance through 2011 of the Scientific, Technical & Medical Information (STM) segment. This segment helps fuel worldwide innovation by supporting the publication of primary research and by delivering data such as articles, books, patents, specifications, chemical properties, seismic data, and other STM information to scientists, engineers, and clinicians. The report also examines up-and-coming players in this segment and the disruptive forces they embody. The report includes:
- Outsell’s revenue and growth forecasts through 2011 for the STM segment as well as the overall information industry;
- Analysis of key trends in Scientific, Technical & Medical Information;
- Redefinition of the STM segment to reflect developments in geophysical data companies by including a wider range of their business activities;
- An overview of the STM competitive landscape;
- Revenue figures for the top 10 SAS companies through mid-2008;
- Profiles of five companies that Outsell has designated as “rising stars” in this segment;
- Essential actions for publishers to succeed in this market.
Our forecast reports build on our annual market size and market share data and our analysts’ assessment of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends, combined with critical key trends affecting each information industry segment. Our efforts are both top-down and bottom-up and are overlaid with the extensive experience of our individual analysts.