Document Delivery - Best Practices and Vendor Scorecard
Even as information management (IM) faces fundamental changes and challenges resulting from new technologies and the phasing out of traditional library functions, classic questions persist. One topic we still get questions about at Outsell is document delivery. Who are the players? What’s new on the scene? What are others doing to fulfill the need for articles, patents, and other documents? How must information managers respond in a changing technological and user environment (“enterprise 2.0”) that persistently challenges how they handle copyright, distribution, integration, and process management? Outsell published reports in 2000 and 2003 canvassing the document
delivery landscape. In response to our clients’ inquiries, this report refreshes our coverage of the topic. It contains:
- Examples of models and best practices in document delivery;
- Analysis of document delivery challenges and issues;
- A document delivery vendor scorecard based on Outsell research;
- Comparison of key suppliers’ products and packaging;
- Imperatives for information managers to ensure optimal processes and good supplier relationships.