Information Industry Market Size and Share Rankings: 2006 Results
The information industry continued moderate but steady growth in 2006 as industry revenues rose 6% to $362 billion. Making market size and share information available is an underpinning of any industry’s presence and stature; to that end, this report analyzes year-over-year revenue and growth of the information industry as a whole, eight segments, and the top players by segment. Segments analyzed are B2B Trade Publishing & Company Information; Credit & Financial Information; Education & Training; Market Research and IT & Telecom Research, Reports & Services; Legal, Tax & Regulatory Information; News Providers & Publishers; Scientific, Technical & Medical Information; and Search, Aggregation & Syndication. This report provides:
- Outsell’s final 2006 size, growth, and market share estimates for the top 25 companies in the information industry;
- Our final 2006 size and growth estimates for each of eight information industry segments and for the information industry as a whole;
- Our final 2006 size, growth, and market share estimates for the top 10 companies in each of eight segments;
- Analysis of trends and challenges facing the information industry;
- Recommended actions for information providers and publishers.