HotTopics: Second Annual News Users Study: Online News Gaining Ground
This HotTopics aims to deepen news providers’ understanding of news readers’ changing behaviors in a market where online reading habits are taking hold. It covers:
- News readers’ frequency of using these news sources: magazines, newspapers, GYM (Google, Yahoo, MSN, and AOL), online newspapers, other online sites, blogs, news podcasts, radio, and TV/cable/satellite
- News source use by age and household income
- News source use by time of day and topic
- Use of online sites versus daily newspapers for shopping research
- Implications and Outsell’s recommendations for the news industry
In researching this HotTopics, Outsell completed 2,787 surveys with U.S. consumers. The sample represents the total U.S. population using weighting by age group, at a 95% confidence level and a margin of error of +/- 3%.