HotTopics: Vertical Search Delivers What Big Search Engines Miss
In this HotTopics, Outsell defines vertical search and focuses on its promise for business-to-business (B2B) publishers. Outsell projects that B2B vertical search revenue will reach $1.0 billion by 2009. We explain the market opportunity, which stems in part from dissatisfaction with horizontal search dominated by Google, Yahoo! and MSN. The average Internet search failure rate is 31.9 percent.
In this HotTopics you will:
- Learn what is and is not B2B vertical search and learn the characteristics and categories of the segment
- Obtain search failure rates for 35 B2B vertical industries, divided into quartiles of need for more successful vertical search
- Understand four market trends fueling the growth of vertical search, such as failed general searches
- Understand six market trends reshaping vertical search, such as RSS feeds and Web 2.0 Web services
- Get Outsell's essential actions for B2B publishers to serve their users' unmet needs in order to tap into this growth