Law Firm Library Trends and Benchmarks
In 2011, for the first time, Outsell expanded its annual survey of benchmarking data to include law libraries. This report analyzes some of the key metrics that will be important to legal information vendors selling into the law firm market, particularly in light of the changes facing the legal services industry. The sample sizes are small, but it does give some overall perspective on this key buyer component. Moreover, it addresses the same questions asked of other types of corporate information managers and allows useful comparisons of IM benchmarks and practices between law firms and the rest of the corporate market. This report includes:
- A comparison of current and next years’ budgets for both law firm and corporate libraries;
- Budget allocation comparisons for law firm and corporate libraries;
- Expected changes in spending by type of content for both kinds of library;
- A measure of how libraries perceive vendor performance;
- A comparison of usage of different technologies by both types of library;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers.