News Providers & Publishers: 2011 Market Forecast and Trends Report
This report contains essential data and analysis providing an in-depth view into the News Providers & Publishers segment. It includes detailed analysis of market trends and our forecast for this segment’s growth and performance to 2014 – Outsell forecasts that the News segment will shrink to just over $74 billion by 2014, with a four-year CAGR of -5.8%. Additionally, our 10 to Watch section profiles up-and-coming players in this segment and the disruptive forces they embody, as well as more established companies that are worth watching because of how they are diversifying or adapting to the market; companies included in this year’s 10 to Watch for the News segment include Amazon, Schibsted, and Facebook. This report provides advice and essential actions for publishers and information providers that want to create revenue opportunities, attract new buyers, and achieve competitive advantage. Equally, it supports those who cover and need greater understanding of this segment, including suppliers to the industry, investment bankers and analysts, and journalists. The report contains:
- An overview of the News market including analysis of relevant macro trends;
- Forecast data and analysis for the News segment, 2011-2014;
- Key trends in this market;
- Analysis of market drivers and the competitive landscape, including first-half 2010-2011 revenue and growth for the top 10 News companies;
- Outsell’s “10 to Watch” in the News segment;
- Essential actions for publishers in this segment.