A Blueprint for Book Publishing Transformation: Seven Essential Processes to Re-Invent Publishing
This report is primarily focused on book publishing, e-books, and how book publishers are adapting their traditional processes to digital publishing. After the devastating economy of late 2008 and early 2009, book publishers are seeing more numbers that are positive. The revenues for digital publishing – and e-books specifically – are very strong and promise to continue to grow. However, while there are many bright spots, other process areas lag. Particularly challenging is the rapid-fire addition of new channels and business models and the need for book publishers to codify these models in their internal processes and systems even before they can fully evaluate how valuable they are. This report contains:
- Background on the rise of e-books and digital publishing;
- Analysis of the seven essential processes of book publishing, and considerations for e-books and digital publishing in general;
- Exploration of what a digital book is;
- Analysis of current digital publishing practices and the digital publishing industry outlook for the future;
- Case studies in digital publishing;
- Digital book publishing industry directory.