Scientific, Technical & Medical Information: 2008 Final Market Size and Share Report
This report provides an in-depth view of the Scientific, Technical & Medical Information (STM) marketplace, which we size at $23.7 billion with a growth rate of 8.8% in 2008. This is the latest in our annual series of market size and share reports for the segments of the information industry. In this report, we detail the size, growth rates, and market shares of the top 40 publishers and information providers in the STM segment and identify the significant issues and trends facing them and their markets. The report provides advice and essential actions for publishers and information providers that want to create revenue opportunities, attract new buyers, and achieve competitive advantage, and it supports those who cover and need greater understanding of the STM segment, including suppliers to the industry. The report includes:
- An overview of the STM market, including size and growth data from 2004-2008;
- Analysis of the subsegments in STM: Scientific & Technical, and Medical (which together make up “traditional” STM), and Geophysical Information - including revenue and market share for the top companies in each;
- A comparison of the top traditional STM companies by growth and market share;
- Data on the top traditional STM companies’ revenue broken out by geography, content format, and business model;
- A table with revenue, growth, CAGR, and market share for the top 40 companies in the STM segment;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers.