Infotrieve: A Case Study in Market Alignment and Positioning for Growth
Infotrieve, with roots in document delivery, has recently undergone a significant transformation that has put it on a new path for success. From the company’s keen understanding of its own target market to offerings that take advantage of its customers’ focus on operational excellence, Infotrieve embodies all five themes that make up Outsell’s key mantra for the information industry in 2009: “No guts, no glory.” While the company’s transformation is still in the early stages, it is already clear that Infotrieve is doing the right things to position itself well for future growth. This report offers:
- Company highlights, including summaries of four new products launched in July 2008 as part of the refocused strategy;
- Details of the competitive landscape for Infotrieve;
- Analysis of what makes Infotrieve unique;
- Threats and opportunities facing Infotrieve;
- Essential actions for publishers seeking to position themselves well for future growth;
- An Infotrieve “at a glance” table including 2008 est. revenue and growth, business models and key products.