Getting It Right with GAFA
GAFA is a giant, though not of the fee-fi-fo-fum variety. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not, it tramples on the businesses of almost every publisher in its quest for the golden egg-laying hens of the digital age. With a history of growth, it is well on its way to accomplishing that feat. GAFA – the digital gestalt of Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon – dominates the online lives of consumers and businesses. Individually, these companies have chinks in their armor and competing strengths and weaknesses. How should publishers plan to adjust to the new business environment GAGA is forging? How will the next few years play out for GAFA? Will they go the way of CompuServe and Prodigy? In five years will we have a new acronym to replace GAFA, which replaced 2006’s GYM? Or will the powerful giant effectively squash the competition on many fronts and end up hacking off its own limbs for survival? This report takes a closer look at GAFA’s sum and parts, and includes:
- GAFA at a Glance – a quick overview of the companies;
- A closer look at each company’s unique characteristics in 10 business areas such as customer relations, content, devices, and wild cards;
- A look at GAFA initiatives and types of relationships for information publishers;
- Keys to better publisher working relationships with GAFA;
- Essential actions for publishers navigating the GAFA-trampled landscape.
We provide a link to download a PDF at the end of the purchase process.
January 11, 2012