2009 Information Industry Market Size, Share & Forecast Report
This report is an important annual roundup of Outsell’s research and analysis of the information industry. It looks at the big picture and offers a forward-looking view that summarizes metrics and trends for all key vertical segments of the industry and the key customer groups (end-users, enterprises, and advertisers) that drive overall funding for the industry. The report draws extensively from Outsell’s unique industry metrics and analytics, Outsell’s daily contact with people in the information industry, and the deep industry experience of our analytical staff. Our data assets include details of over 7,000 industry firms that create and aggregate information and make it commercially available online or offline, inclusive of all business models and content types. We also track the three major markets for information: end-users, enterprise buyers, and advertisers. This report contains:
- Actual and forecast revenue and growth rates 2005-2012 for the total information industry;
- Actual and forecast revenue and growth rates 2007-2012 for each of the 11 segments Outsell covers in detail;
- Key market trends, first-half performance, and companies to watch in each of the 11 information industry segments;
- Analysis of the state of the worldwide information industry, and the 2009 forecast by segment;
- Analysis of advertising and marketing spending as one indicator of the health and growth of the information industry;
- Analysis of key findings about end-users and library spending;
- A table listing Outsell’s top 100 information industry companies by 2008 revenue.
We provide a link to download a PDF at the end of the purchase process.
December 15, 2009