2012 Information Industry Benchmark Report
This CEO Topics report summarizes the results from Outsell’s 2012 annual benchmark survey of information publishers and providers. This survey exclusively focuses on the information industry and covers a range of important topics including company financial performance, staffing, compensation, field sales operations, mobile and technology priorities, and new product development. The report contains essential metrics along with Outsell’s analysis of these indicators, giving information industry leaders a useful yardstick for comparison with their own organization’s performance.
The report offers:
- Anticipated revenue growth rates for 2012 and the contribution new product and service offerings are making to revenue;
- Norms in terms of employee productivity and customer renewal rates that contribute to profitability;
- Spending across sales and marketing, product IT/technology platforms, R&D, and capital expenditures;
- Sales staffing ratios, compensation, and incentive programs;
- Mobile and technology priorities; - New product development practices;
- Leading indicators of future success for companies within the information industry.