Market Monitor: Education & Training - Market Trends and Industry Performance
This Market Monitor report from EPS, an Outsell company, predicts that global Education & Training content revenues for North America and European content providers will grow 35 percent from 2005 through 2010.
Findings of the 95-page report include:
- Publicly traded Education & Training (E&T) publishers grew by 8.7 percent in their reported currencies in 2005, bringing the total market to $38.6 million.
- The leading E&T providers all posted stronger sales results in 2005 over 2004.
- Kaplan grew revenue fastest: 25 percent overall, including acquisitions.
- Both Pearson and McGraw-Hill posted double-digit growth over 2004.
- Harcourt Education posted the smallest increase as disappointing performance in supplemental and testing/assessments markets offset strong basal results.
- Renaissance Learning achieved the highest operating margin, followed by Wiley Higher Education and Scholastic Educational Publishing.
- The market is turning toward comprehensive programs rather than individual purchase of stand-alone or niche components.
- The demand for comprehensive solutions will ultimately drive new rounds of formal and/or informal consolidation with the marketplace