NetBase: Enabling the Next Stage of Information Consumption – Today
NetBase has the potential to disrupt Google's domination of some areas of search, though it isn’t likely to displace Google from dominating the general search market. One area of strength for NetBase is its offering directed at helping publishers better serve their content to readers. Its solution goes beyond simply locating and ranking content for display; similar to other semantic search providers like Cognition and Exalead, it looks to learn from the vast pool of content it scans and provide a layer of intelligence that helps achieve the ultimate goal of finding insight in the information returned. This could move the discussion around content consumption from search to discovery and thus change habits and create new opportunities. This report includes:
- Brief analysis of the importance of semantic search;
- NetBase company highlights including target markets, core value proposition, and company positioning;
- The competitive landscape in the next phase – analysis and discovery – of the search market, as well as threats and opportunities for NetBase in this market;
- Analysis of what makes NetBase unique;
- Essential actions for publishers looking to maximize the value of their content.