Changing Forces in the Market Research Industry
Fifteen years ago, market researchers were in a position of force. Thanks to their statistical knowledge and ability to sample, they were the only possible path to understanding the opinions of a full population. But information technology has been a major disruptor for market researchers that has led to deep changes in the market research industry segment. The market research industry has so tremendously evolved that with all the information readily available, understanding and extracting intelligence out of the data seems to be the priority instead of systematically conducting primary research. This report looks at how forces such as social media have changed market research, and contains:
- An overview of the crowded market intelligence landscape;
- A look at monitoring and analytics companies;
- An overview of internal tools and systems for market intelligence functions;
- Analysis of what kind of market intelligence social media provides, and what this means for the market research segment;
- Impact of new technologies and companies on the Market & IT Research market;
- Essential actions for Market & IT Research providers.