The Compliance Information Landscape: National and International Trends and Dynamics
The compliance landscape has become much more complex over the last 20 years, while the costs associated with the failure to comply have grown significantly. With so much at stake, corporate compliance is garnering more attention with investors, in the media, in the courts, and in company boardrooms. Compliance is becoming a near-constant factor in business planning. This report highlights primary trends in compliance, many of them providing fertile ground for compliance publishers and information providers who want to more closely integrate their products and services with new functions and processes. Based on insights gained through Outsell’s ongoing dialogue with compliance industry players and the broader information industry, it also includes interviews with three compliance experts. The report offers:
- An overview of the compliance landscape and an analysis of current dynamics;
- A look at participants in the compliance landscape: government, companies, outside advisors, and service vendors, including a comparison table for seven key vendors;
- An overview of compliance services;
- An analysis of future trends in compliance;
- Excerpts from interviews with three experts from different parts of the compliance community;
- Essential actions for compliance publishers and information providers that want to succeed in the complex compliance landscape.