Information Management Under Fire: Driving New Business Models
This Briefing looks at how leading organizations are driving new business models for information management (IM), and proposes an agile model for IM going forward. It is the second Briefing in Outsell’s series, “Information Management Under Fire,” aimed at helping information managers tackle the challenges of constant funding scrutiny, radically changing service delivery models, and outside drivers that continue to force them to think of their business in new ways. This Briefing includes:
- Results of Outsell research showing the top services IM offers compared to the top services users want;
- Outsell benchmark data from 2002 and 2006 on IM staffing, budget, management practices, and top challenges;
- Real-life examples of new information management models;
- A case study in organizational agility;
- Imperatives for information managers who realize they need to change how they do business in order to keep up with changing users.