Changes Across Information Managers’ Approach to Enterprise News
This report provides insight and guidance for information providers serving the enterprise news market. Current economic conditions are putting pressure on vendor portfolio managers to make difficult choices about acquiring expensive, premium content in the face of shrinking budgets, and news delivery is a logical target for scrutiny. This report examines enterprise news delivery in light of changing user requirements, current economic pressures, and the evolving landscape of vendor offerings and solutions. It takes a close look at the concerns and challenges facing vendor portfolio managers and IM functions, and includes:
- The latest Outsell data on knowledge workers and information management functions in the enterprise;
- Qualitative research from our interviews with 10 vendor portfolio managers in the pharmaceutical, chemical, government, financial services, manufacturing, aerospace, and defense segments;
- Analysis of users’ views on free vs. for-a-fee information;
- A look at six options for buying enterprise news, including a table detailing their strengths and weaknesses, sample providers, and Outsell’s opinion about each option;
- Key considerations for enterprise news vendors, and analysis of how their customers – vendor portfolio managers – plan for change;
- Essential actions for enterprise news providers.