Corporate Executive Board: Banking on Best Practices
Corporate Executive Board (CEB) has been the industry’s darling for many years, growing 20%-30% every quarter. It created a syndicated, replicable business model to harness corporate best practice information, and it has been a leader in demonstrating the value of targeting professionals’ roles in the corporate marketplace. The company was an early pioneer in harnessing peer-to-peer content creation as a precursor to what we now see in social networking markets. At 2007 revenues of $533 million, CEB is nearly half the size of Gartner. It saw record growth over a number of years; recently its growth rate has become more even and comparable to the overall market’s. This report looks in detail at Corporate Executive Board as the company and product lines mature, and forecasts where Outsell expects the company to go from here. The report contains:
- Company financials including revenue by product line, revenue by geography, and operating statistics and growth since 2005;
- Company highlights, including target markets, key products, and program attributes;
- Details of the competitive landscape, including revenue and contract value comparisons with Forrester, Gartner, and The Advisory Board Company;
- Analysis of opportunities and threats facing CEB;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers.