The E-Media Organization: One Year Wiser
Outsell again teamed up with Cara Erickson of executive search consultancy NewCoordinates to follow up on our groundbreaking “Creating the E-Media Organization: Practical Challenges” report of one year ago. That was the first study of its kind to address the organizational issues facing business-to-business (B2B) publishing and newspaper companies in the transition from print to agile multi-platform publishing. This report analyzes fresh research to assess the changing state of e-media organizations, one year wiser. It offers:
- Highlights of restructuring changes for eight key B2B publishing and news companies over the last year;
- A description of four e-media organizational models, and trend data from 25 companies showing how many have used, are using, and plan to use each;
- Quotes from industry leaders interviewed for this report;
- Imperatives for recruiting and retaining top talent in the new environment;
- Implications for key job functions in growing e-media organizations;
- Essential actions for leadership teams in publishers and information providers, including specific considerations for leadership broken out by major functional areas: Sales, Marketing, Technology/Content Development, Finance, and HR.