HotTopics: Targeting Power News Users - Who They Are, What They Read, And How They Use The News
This HotTopics provides new research to help publishers locate, target, and create products for high-consumption readers – power news users. Power news users consume more news and have higher incomes than other news users, and are news sharers. The report includes:
- Segmentation of power news users by age, gender, and household income;
- News reading habits of power news users compared to non-power news users;
- Sources used most by power news users, by topic;
- Personal and social use of news by power news users;
- Preferred sources of local and national news by income, gender, and age;
- Implications and Outsell’s recommendations for news companies.
In researching this HotTopics, Outsell completed 2,787 surveys with US consumers. The sample represents the total US population using weighting by age group, at a 95% confidence level and a margin of error of +/- 3%.