HotTopics: News Publishers Move To Capture Community-Created Content For Growth
In this HotTopics, Outsell takes a fresh look at user-generated publishing and addresses essential points for news publishers, who in 2007 must move from grudging acceptance to a full-fledged embrace of the user-generated phenomenon to remain competitive.
In this HotTopics you will:
- Understand what user-generated content is and isn’t, and learn about its evolving forms
- Get practical examples of stand-alone and integrated publishing models
- Learn about a new generation of vendors that provide licensed software/Web services for user-generated content
- Discover social publishing revenue models that are in the early stages of testing
- Get real-life advice and how-tos on topics like staffing, community-sizing, and branding for user-generated content sites