The Big Four Legal, Tax & Regulatory Players: Strategic Analysis
Until August 2011, the LTR industry was dominated by a Big Three of global players: Thomson Reuters, Wolters Kluwer, and Reed Elsevier’s LexisNexis, which together held over 70% of the worldwide LTR market share. Then, in August, Bloomberg acquired BNA, the 7th largest global LTR player. The competition that the Bloomberg/BNA combination provides, and the importance of these four players to the sector, requires an examination of the relative positions of what now can reasonably be called the Big Four, to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, analyze their strategies, and look forward to likely strategic scenarios for the future. This report includes:
- An at-a-glance overview of the Big Four;
- A comparison of strengths, weaknesses, and white space for each of the Big Four;
- Side-by-side comparisons for each of the Big Four of market share by region, solution type, and buyer market;
- A discussion of significant LTR trends and the Big Four’s responses;
- Strategic imperatives for each of the Big Four.