Survey on the Technology Lifestyle of College Students
A leading education services provider requested custom research from Eduventures to better understand the views, attitudes, usage, and future demand/ownership of various technologies and brands among college students.
- Which devices do students currently own and how long have they owned it?
- Which brand(s)/model(s) do students intend to purchase?
- Which Web browser/search engine/e-mail provider/instant messaging provider/social net-working site do students prefer to use?
- How many hours a day do students use various communication tools? What percent of the time is spent on personal use compared to school use?
- How often do students use software applications and what are their software purchasing preferences?
- How do students prefer to be contacted by colleges for academic and administrative issues?
- Which portable media players do students own and do students use portable media players for school purposes, and how?
- How much do students spend each year on technology/electronics purchases, and how does spending break down by hardware, software, and media/entertainment products?
For this custom inquiry, Eduventures administered a Web survey targeting 18- to 24-year-old students enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university. The Web survey had a total of 63 questions and yielded 150 responses.