Information Industry Outlook 2008
In this report, Outsell forecasts steady and moderate growth for the information industry from 2007 to 2010, with performance varying among segments, and predicts that successful companies will be agile and adaptive solutions providers. The report summarizes metrics and trends for 11 vertical information industry segments and key customer groups that fuel the $362 billion information industry. It includes:
- 2007 estimated revenues and 2007-2010 forecasted compound annual growth rates for key information industry segments;
- Market share of the top 10 companies in each segment;
- Insights about disruptive new entrants and rising stars in each segment;
- Major market drivers and trends impacting each segment;
- Key insights about the principal markets for information – end users, enterprises, and advertising funding;
- Outsell’s essential actions for publishers and information providers in 2008.
Segments covered are B2B Trade Publishing & Company Information, Credit & Financial Information; Education & Training; HR Information; Legal, Tax & Regulatory; Market Research; IT & Telecom Research; News Providers & Publishers; Scientific, Technical & Medical Information; Search, Aggregation & Syndication; and Yellow Pages & Directories.
Our annual Information Industry Outlook provides an unparalleled view of the information industry. It draws extensively from Outsell's unique industry metrics and analytics; original research and studies of users, advertisers, and information professionals; and the deep experience of our analytical staff.