Director & Lead Analyst - Marketing Research & Information
Location: Wherever the best candidate lives
Position Description - This Position has been Filled.
The Director & Lead Analyst will track and analyze the marketing research and marketing information landscape including established and disruptive companies and market trends in all aspects of market research including social media monitoring, voice of the customer surveys, community/panel management, econometric and forecasting, media measurement, web traffic measurement, sales/transaction data, product pricing, business intelligence, market trends and subsets of the industry such as aggregation services and IT research space.
- Research & Analysis - Review industry headlines and events; author routine Insights containing analysis of key events in the research and marketing information space and why they are relevant; do primary and secondary research and vendor briefings to complete monthly reports about what's going on in the segment, act as domain expert for market analysts supporting you who do market size, share and forecast reports for segments and sub- segments of the sector. Contribute in collecting and creating industry-specific benchmarks, ratings and rankings in conjunction with overall program at Outsell. Author additional reports on critical markets or trends such as in-depth research of new technology based research offerings and DIY research.
- Drive revenue generation in the segment working with solutions architects and membership sales to improve Outsell's serving of this sector of the market. Drive new and renewal client business and develop relationships through vendor briefings and by building and maintaining ongoing relationships with the market; collaborate with Outsell's sales force to ensure new and renewal client success, lead generation, and achieve renewal targets. Grow the business and act as overall champion for the market research and information practice.
- Client Advisory & Client Care - Serve clients' decision-making through analyst access requests to provide data, and top of mind insight on critical issues having to do with the many market research industry changes that they seek assistance with. In addition, maintain consistent and close contact with clients on the issues they are facing and proactively send information about developments and advise that coincides and serves those interests.
- Understand and have critical and deep ongoing knowledge about the market, competitive landscape, and segment dynamics essential to monitoring and advising in the market research space. Contribute to the Outsell industry segmentation and track and analyze the market along that segmentation.
- Be a thought-leader in the market research and information space and maintain visibility in the market. Deliver presentations to senior-level clients and at conferences, support press calls on hot topics and be a visible and respected expert in the field. Facilitate on-site meetings with clients for delivery when necessary and travel as needed to ensure ongoing support and delivery of the business. Look critically at the topics facing the industry vis a vis disruption, new forms of competition and have a forward lens on the impact on clients.
- Be a collaborative team member, excellent leader and active member of the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 6-10+ years of professional research and analytical experience; Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding and familiarity with the market research industry and its sub-segments and important market players, competitive dynamics, and trends. Strong experience with information and software services.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills are required, as is competency in challenging assumptions and developing opinions that are concise and complete in well-founded logic. Demonstrated track record in analyzing problems and developing models, methodologies, frameworks, and solutions at a senior level, both thinking creatively and delivering at a practical level.
- Ability to manage research projects from design to completion including understanding of basic research methodologies, survey design, and statistical analysis, with experience doing market size, share, and forecasting modeling and analysis in order to advance business decisions.
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written. Excellent report writing and presentations skills using visual concepts to convey complex ideas to all levels of an organization. Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Must be a proven leader - able to own a process, express ideas clearly and logically, meet deadlines, manage personal time successfully, deliver on an agreed timetable of commitments, manage multiple research and writing projects concurrently, deliver finished work on time, and work effectively under pressure. Creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and perseverance are also essential.
- Flexibility, with a positive response to new challenges and opportunities. Able to work independently in an environment with multiple goals and projects while delivering quality work consistently and on schedule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is essential, and experience in communicating knowledge through these programs is critical.
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell’s core values:
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a "wow" experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
- Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
- Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
- Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
- Accountability. We say what we'll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
- Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
- Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
- Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
- Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
- Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
- Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
About the Company
Outsell is the world's only research and advisory firm focused solely on the information industry. We use a time-tested, quality-proven, top secret blend of data, brains, community, and pizazz to produce extraordinary value for our clients. Elite information industry executives from all over the world look to Outsell for trusted advice, bold insights, and confidential access to exclusive intelligence and decision support. Outsell has your back. You'll stay more focused, save time, grow revenue in a fast-changing global digital environment, and sleep better at night. Guaranteed.
Please e-mail your resume to:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, or national origin.