Marketing 401: Agile Publishing and Marketing
CEOs of B2B, professional publishing, or newspaper companies are being challenged to create operating plans that will maximize productivity while investing in the shift to digital. Success in 2007 and beyond will require these companies to transform into highly adaptive agile publishers with agile marketing techniques that put the user at the center of product development and marketing. This report lays out agile marketing models and how-to’s for successfully navigating the changing information industry, and is the fourth installment in our marketing series that began in 1999. The report offers:
- Analysis of what agility is and why it is imperative now;
- Models and diagrams of how agile development and agile publishing work;
- Specifics of four digital media organizational structures;
- A list of 24 positions and functions necessary for agile marketing organizations;
- Essential actions for leadership teams to build agile product development and marketing;
- Specific considerations for leadership broken out by major functional areas: Sales, Marketing, Technology/Content Development, Finance, and HR.