Worldwide E-Books Market Size & Forecast Report, 2009-2012
This report defines the worldwide print book and e-book market, subdivided into three broad categories that apply universally: education, professional, and consumer. This report explores the underlying dynamics across these markets and sizes and forecasts the current print and e-book opportunity across each. In doing so, Outsell is providing the first worldwide view of this entire market. Outsell undertook a thorough review of data on the worldwide book market by first gathering revenues of 50 leading book publishers and estimating their net sales across geographic regions and the three macro book markets. We then combined this information with all available data from other sources, including country- and regional-level reports from government entities and not-for-profit associations.
- Discusses how the landscape for e-books is unfolding across all content types;
- Explores the potential revenue opportunities for all publishers targeting this space;
- Sizes the worldwide market for books in terms of revenue generated from retail sales of this content to end-users;
- Provides detailed estimated total and e-book revenue for the top 10 publishers in each book category;
- Provides market forecast in each category for print and e-books in each region of the world.