District Views on EOC Assessments
A K-12 publisher was interested in research on the end-of-course testing landscape among medium- and large-sized districts. Specifically, they were interested in research on the possibility of a district market for end-of-course assessments.
- Did your district or other districts in your state play a role in the state’s decision making process to implement EOCs? Please describe.
- In addition to the EOC course assessments currently implemented by the state, would/is your district considering implementing additional EOC assessments in addition to the mandated ones?
- Why did your district implement end of courses assessments? What influenced this decision?
- How do the results of the EOC assessment impact grades and graduation requirements?
For this custom research project, Eduventures conducted 10 interviews with assistant superintendents, directors of assessment, directors of curriculum, and others knowledgeable in this area. Interviews were segmented into three categories:
- Districts in states with EOC mandates
- Districts in states with future EOC mandates
- Districts in states with no EOC mandates