The Mobile Consumer Magazine Market – An Early 360 View
The iPad, like smartphones before it, is creating an entirely new way for consumers to seek and use content. On average, consumer magazine publishers are behind other segments of the publishing and information industry in terms of percentage of revenue from digital sources, but they suddenly face an opportunity to bring new digital experiences to readers. While it’s still early days, this report examines how mobile devices are rewriting the consumer magazine landscape. It explores the opportunity via a survey conducted across three primary constituencies – consumers, marketers, and publishers – providing a complete view of the opportunities and challenges facing each stakeholder. This is the first study to compare and contrast the three groups vis-a-vis the "magazine." The report includes data and analysis about:
- The types of magazine content consumed on mobile devices;
- The number of magazine issues or subscriptions consumers have purchased on them;
- Consumers’ intention to buy magazine apps in the future;
- How publishers are investing in mobile;
- The likelihood of marketers to advertise on mobile magazine platforms;
- Essential actions for publishers to keep up with developments in mobile devices.
We provide a link to download a PDF at the end of the purchase process.
December 2, 2010