The Evolving Patent Information Landscape
This report is designed for information management executives and looks at the patent information space, a prime example of the movement of information providers from pure content offerings to workflow and analytics offerings. As the patent space evolves, the challenge will increase for information professionals to make the best decisions about the content and tools for their organizations’ end-users as well as for the patent analysts and researchers within the IM function. Furthermore, with IP information becoming increasingly valued and integrated across diverse organizational functions and roles, information professionals have an opportunity to extend their expertise in managing this strategic asset. This report examines the changing patent landscape to shed light on market evolution, trends, and key players and to provide recommendations for decision makers managing this portion of the content portfolio. It contains:
- An overview of the worldwide market for Patent Information, including market definition, and estimated Market Size and Share, 2009;
- Profiles of key companies in this space;
- Outsell data on end-user information habits and industry patent information use;
- Analysis of market dynamics and important trends in Patent Information;
- Imperatives for information managers.