Hakia: Upstart Semantic Search Player You Need to Watch
A perfect storm of cheap computing horsepower, advanced software technology, and burgeoning content is converging to create momentum in semantic search. Hakia is one of the more promising companies within the crowded field of new entrants looking to wrestle some of the general web search market away from the established players. Hakia’s core differentiator is its ability to conduct scalable, semantic search. Its robust definition of semantics and economic execution might enable it to grab a healthy share of long-tail searches and disrupt those publishers that have come to primarily rely on search engine optimization to drive traffic to their sites. This report contains:
- Company highlights, including Hakia’s view of semantic search, its business model, and key products;
- Factors that make Hakia unique;
- Details of the competitive landscape;
- Analysis of opportunities and threats facing Hakia, and how the threats result in opportunities;
- Essential actions for publishers.