CEO Topics: 2012 Information Pricing Survey
This report is aimed at publishers and information providers, and provides directional guidance on anticipated pricing changes for paid content. It is based on our annual survey of information managers to determine if selected content vendors indicated plans to increase, decrease, or hold prices flat for 2012 and also to gain a general sense of overall content portfolio pricing changes. As we move through the heavy subscription renewal season, it is useful for both buyers and sellers of information content to look at perspectives and trends impacting renewals and buying decisions. This report provides guidance on pricing benchmarks across key publisher and information provider segments against a backdrop of vendor portfolio managers’ budgets, current practices, and perspectives in today’s climate for buying content. The report contains:
- Aggregate sector and location data about the 446 respondents;
- Directional guidance on price increases and content budget changes;
- Key trends and themes, and views on vendor improvements;
- Analysis of the vendor perspective;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers.