Worldwide E-Book Aggregators: Market Size, Share & Forecast Report
The intangible e-book is turning the book selling industry on its ear. No longer restricted by the limits of the printed book, publishers and sellers alike are finding new ways to distribute, license, and market books – in pieces, parts, and wholes. Aggregators have found a niche in this new market, selling and distributing digital books sourced from multiple publishers and employing a variety of business models. This report defines the e-book aggregator market and its distinct subsegments; it also provides market share and forecast of leading players with case studies of a few of them, trends and drivers, opportunities and threats, and essential actions for publishers and information providers in this space. The report includes:
- Worldwide e-book aggregator market size and forecast for 2010-2013;
- A closer look at the scholarly/reference and professional portions of the market;
- Worldwide sales by region for 2010;
- Case studies for Gale Virtual Reference Library, MyiLibrary, Books24x7, Safari Books Online, ebrary, EBSCOhost (netLibrary), and Credo Reference;
- Essential actions and implications for publishers and information providers in this market.