IT Professionals’ Information Use Habits, Preferences, and Satisfaction
IT professionals are important consumers of information. Understanding their information needs and habits can help savvy information providers to get into new businesses through product development or M&A, to design new products for existing product portfolios, and to modify existing products. This report is based on our most recent survey data (December 2008) and helps information providers better understand the unique information needs and habits of IT professionals, thus helping information providers to “follow the money.” This report contains:
- An overview profile of IT-professional information consumers, including how they use information and their satisfaction levels with 14 vendors;
- Data and analysis of IT professionals’ information habits and unmet needs;
- A detailed look at IT professionals’ use of interactive media and social networking;
- Data and analysis of IT professionals’ information spending and purchasing;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers serving the IT professional market.