Wood Mackenzie: Case Study on Growing Revenue in Energy Vertical
Wood Mackenzie offers a case study for business information providers looking to sustain competitive advantage in a vertical market. Based in Scotland, Wood Mackenzie offers syndicated services and consulting focused on the commercial sector of the energy market. Its unreplicable data assets create a strong barrier to entry. The company has demonstrated consistent and strong annual growth in the range of 20% to 30% in each of the last few years, and its growth has been primarily organic. This report contains:
- Company highlights, including acquisitions and divestitures in 2007-2008, revenue growth and breakdown between subscription and consulting since 2005, and product offerings;
- A table detailing Wood Mackenzie’s research and advisory specialty areas, listing product line, service segment, date of launch, and description;
- Analysis of the company’s five key consulting areas;
- Data on pricing and packaging;
- Details of the competitive landscape and what makes Wood Mackenzie unique;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers looking to sustain competitive advantage in their space.