Information Industry Outlook 2012: Break and Reset
An annual tradition, our Outlook report provides our view of what's ahead for the information industry. Our theme for 2012 is "Break and Reset." The tumultuous economy, fast-paced change in consumer technology, uncertainty in world economics and politics, and the big behaving badly have upended business as we know it and it’s time to break, take stock, and reset. We have identified key trends and forces, companies to watch, and created our predictions about transformative and disruptive changes and what’s hot and not. This report contains:
- Industry drivers and forecast data through 2014;
- Ten key trends that are shaping the information industry in 2012;
- Our analysts’ hottest topics – thirteen analysts let us know what’s top of mind in their sector;
- Outsell's "31 to Watch" – our annual list of innovators, disruptors, and companies that exemplify our theme of the year;
- Outsell's recommended actions for publishers and information providers.
Outsell's fact-based analysis is based on tracking over 7,000 firms in 12 information industry segments, and tracking spending by the three main industry funding sources: advertisers, enterprise users, and libraries. This offers an unparalleled perspective that crosses segments and helps publishers and information providers grow in a global, fast-paced digital environment.
This report is complimentary. Please fill out a form with your contact info and we'll send a link to download the report.
December 22, 2011