Vice President & Practice Leader - This Position has been Filled.
Location: New York or London
The Vice President & Practice leader will oversee Outsell’s coverage and services tracking and analyzing the financial information, governance, risk and compliance information and solutions space including content, software, workflow solutions and services. This thought leader will serve as an individual contributor and team leader responsible for tracking and analyzing the landscape including established and disruptive companies, market spending and workflows, government regulations and software and technology trends and developments impacting the market. The ideal candidate comes with experience in strategic planning or doing financial analysis of companies in this space with knowledge of trading, investment banking, equity research and the use cases of financial information with the ability to execute and analyze market studies assessing critical end user and institutional needs and spending.
- Research & Analysis – Understand Outsell client and prospective client needs and set research agenda that will optimize revenue performance in the sector by providing must-have research and analysis supporting CEOs and their teams with essential decision-support. Set and achieve revenue targets as an industry thought leader and rainmaker who will drive business directly and thru working with Outsell’s sales team.
- Review industry headlines and events; author routine Insights containing analysis of key events in the space and why they are relevant; complete vendor briefings and stay engaged with major industry developments and oversee the creation of studies tracking customer and end user habits and money flows. Syndicate this research while also developing and designing custom studies for the market. Oversee a team who will do additional research and complete market size, share and forecast reports for segments and sub-segments of the industry and complete primary research studies of customers as well. Peer review all research and analysis delivered to the market to ensure Outsell quality standards are met and the brand thought-leadership prevails.
- Drive new and renewal client business and develop relationships through vendor briefings and by building and maintaining ongoing relationships with the local market; collaborate with Outsell’s sales force to ensure new and renewal client success, lead generation, and achieve new and renewal business targets for this practice area within Outsell.
- Client Advisory & Client Care – Serve clients’ decision-making through analyst access requests to provide data, and top of mind insight on critical issues clients face about the credit and financial segment. Maintain consistent and close contact with clients on the issues they are facing and proactively send information about developments and advice that coincides and serves those interests.
- Be a thought-leader in the industry and maintain visibility in the credit & financial market. Deliver presentations to senior-level clients and at conferences, support press calls on hot topics and be a visible and respected expert in the field. Facilitate on-site meetings with clients for delivery when necessary and travel as needed to ensure ongoing support and delivery of the business.
- Have an in-depth understanding of customers and their needs and end user information habits to provide current and ongoing market perspective into coverage.
- Work with Market Analysts on Outsell’s data solutions team and other external resources to fulfill research & database development needs.
- Be a collaborative team member, excellent leader and active member of the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of experience as financial analyst or senior market analyst required; MBA degree or equivalent strongly preferred. Experience in a research and advisory firm covering financial and GRC technologies with familiarity of customer needs and vendors preferred. Experience leading a team in this capacity ideal.
- Deep understanding and experience tracking and analyzing companies, market movements, interviewing senior level executives and providing advice and counsel to C-level clients. Current and active connections to market data managers and recent history understanding customers and ability to analyze vendors relative to market need. Use this knowledge to provide valuable market input to vendors we serve.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills are required, as is competency in challenging assumptions and developing opinions that are concise and complete in well-founded logic. Demonstrated track record in analyzing problems and developing models, methodologies, frameworks, and solutions at a senior level, both thinking creatively and delivering at a practical level.
- Ability to manage research projects from design to completion including understanding of basic research methodologies, survey design, and statistical analysis, with experience doing market size, share, and forecasting modeling and analysis in order to advance business decisions.
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written. Excellent report writing and presentations skills using visual concepts to convey complex ideas to all levels of an organization. Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Must be a proven leader – able to own a process, express ideas clearly and logically, meet deadlines, manage personal time successfully, deliver on an agreed timetable of commitments, manage multiple research and writing projects concurrently, deliver finished work on time, and work effectively under pressure. Creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and perseverance are also essential.
- Flexibility, with a positive response to new challenges and opportunities. Able to work independently in an environment with multiple goals and projects while delivering quality work consistently and on schedule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is essential, and experience in communicating knowledge through these programs is critical.
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell’s core values:
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a "wow" experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
- Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
- Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
- Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
- Accountability. We say what we'll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
- Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
- Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
- Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
- Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
- Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
- Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
About the Company
Outsell is the world's only research and advisory firm focused solely on the information industry. We use a time-tested, quality-proven, top secret blend of data, brains, community, and pizazz to produce extraordinary value for our clients. Elite information industry executives from all over the world look to Outsell for trusted advice, bold insights, and confidential access to exclusive intelligence and decision support. Outsell has your back. You'll stay more focused, save time, grow revenue in a fast-changing global digital environment, and sleep better at night. Guaranteed.
Please e-mail your resume to:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, or national origin.