Vice President & Practice Leader - STM & Healthcare Information - POSITION FILLED
Location - POSITION FILLED
London, UK or New York Area
The Vice President & Practice leader will oversee Outsell’s research program in the scientific, technical, and medical information solutions space and healthcare information/health IT spaces. This thought leader will serve as both individual contributor and team leader responsible for tracking and analyzing the entire STM ecosystem including established and disruptive companies, market spending and workflows, supply chain, government regulations and software and technology trends and developments impacting the market.
- Research & Analysis – Understand Outsell client and prospective client needs and set research agenda that will optimize revenue performance in the sector by providing must-have research and analysis supporting CEOs and their teams with essential decision-support. Set and achieve revenue targets as industry thought-leader and rain-maker who will drive business directly and thru working with Outsell’s sales team.
- Understand and have critical and deep ongoing knowledge about the market, competitive landscape, and segment dynamics essential to monitoring and advising in the STM and health information space. Contribute to the Outsell industry segmentation and track and analyze the market along that segmentation.
- Review industry headlines and events; regularly author Insights analyzing key events in the space and why they are relevant; complete vendor briefings and stay engaged with major industry developments and oversee the creation of studies tracking customer and end user habits and money flows. Syndicate this research while also developing and designing custom studies for the market.
- Oversee a team who will do additional research and complete market size, share and forecast reports for segments and sub-segments of the industry and do primary research studies of customers as well. Peer review all research and analysis delivered by the STM practice to the market to ensure Outsell quality standards are met and the brand thought-leadership prevails.
- Client Advisory & Client Care – Serve clients’ decision-making through analyst access requests to provide data, and top of mind insight on critical issues having to do with the STM and health information space that they seek assistance with. In addition, maintain consistent and close contact with clients on the issues they are facing and proactively send information about developments and advice that coincides and serves those interests.
- Drive new and renewal client business and develop relationships through vendor briefings and by building and maintaining ongoing relationships with the market; collaborate with Outsell’s sales force to ensure new and renewal client success, lead generation, and achieve renewal targets. Grow the business and act as overall product champion for the STM practice. Achieve 85 % or better renewal rates.
- Be a thought-leader in the STM and health information space and maintain visibility in the market. Deliver presentations to senior-level clients and at conferences, support press calls on hot topics and be a visible and respected expert in the field. Facilitate on-site meetings with clients for delivery when necessary and travel as needed to ensure ongoing support and delivery of the business.
- Be a collaborative team member, excellent leader and actively engaged member of the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of professional research and analytical experience; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding and familiarity with the STM, health information and health IT market and important market players, competitive dynamics, and trends. Strong experience with information and software services.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills are required, as is competency in challenging assumptions and developing opinions that are concise and complete in well-founded logic. Demonstrated track record in analyzing problems and developing models, methodologies, frameworks, and solutions at a senior level, both thinking creatively and delivering at a practical level.
- Ability to manage research projects from design to completion including understanding of basic research methodologies, survey design, and statistical analysis, with experience doing market size, share, and forecasting modeling and analysis in order to advance business decisions. Line management expertise in a research and advisory firm in the STM or health space, or software or consulting services business preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written. Excellent report writing and presentations skills using visual concepts to convey complex ideas to all levels of an organization. Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Must be a proven leader – able to own a process, express ideas clearly and logically, meet deadlines, manage personal time successfully, deliver on an agreed timetable of commitments, manage multiple research and writing projects concurrently, deliver finished work on time, and work effectively under pressure. Creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and perseverance are also essential.
- Flexibility, with a positive response to new challenges and opportunities. Able to work independently in an environment with multiple goals and projects while delivering quality work consistently and on schedule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is essential, and experience in communicating knowledge through these programs is critical.
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell's core values:
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a "wow” experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
- Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
- Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
- Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
- Accountability. We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
- Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
- Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
- Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
- Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
- Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
- Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
About the Company
Outsell is a research and advisory firm that helps the world’s publishers, information providers, and enterprise marketers grow revenue, deliver superior solutions, optimize their clients’ performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital market. And we do it with wow!
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, or national origin.