William JanVP & Practice Leader
As Vice President & Practice Leader, Will Jan oversees Outsell’s research program in the finance, legal, and regulatory space. Core topics within this practice include credit information, tax compliance, legal, and risk management. Will and his team provide guidance to vendors and their users by bridging the information value gap: How best to utilize quality data towards making effective business decisions. His objective is to assist clients in developing strategies, maximizing return on investment (ROI), and accelerating revenue growth.
- Primary and Secondary Research and Analysis
- Financial Management
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Management
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
- Information Lifecycle Management (ILM)
- Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics
- Disruptive Innovation
- ROI Assessment
- Business Process and Technology Consulting
- Industry Benchmarking
- Company Valuation and Assessment
- Demand Generation
- Sales Enablement
- Aberdeen Group
- Gerson Lehrman Group
Will received his MBA from Carroll School of Management at Boston College. He also holds a SB degree in Mechanical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Telephone: +1 617-947-5497
More About William
Movies I like: Anything that makes good use of special effects and sound systems. Yes, I own the Star Wars Hexology.
Music I listen to: Short ones when I’m riding in an elevator, and longer ones when my call’s being put on hold. Otherwise, my radio sees very little play time.
Power meal: Chinese buffets – You see what you’re getting, there’s no wait, and you’re back in the office in less than 45 minutes.
Favorite books: Those that have turned into blockbuster movies, then I go back and actually read them.
Best trip I’ve taken: Family vacation to New Zealand when I was an adolescent.
First car: A 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, which only ran half the time.
First job: A porter at a Mercedes dealership, where I learned about cars that ran all the time.
Where I grew up: Kansas – Near where Clark Kent used to go to school.
Activities outside of work: Keeping the neighbors happy by maintaining my lawn.
Most Recent Reports
- Commercial Credit and Risk Information: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - March 7, 2013
- GRC Management: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - February 7, 2013
- Enterprise Tax Management: Size, Share, Forecast, and Trend Report - December 3, 2012
Most Recent Insights
- Bloomberg Put on the Spot as Clients Demand Answers - May 21, 2013
- Complying Doesn’t Imply a Risk-Aware Culture - May 7, 2013
- Social Media Earns a Place in Financial Disclosure - April 19, 2013
- Microsoft: Bribery Allegations Hit Software Giant - March 27, 2013
- Tides Turn on Thomson Reuters’ Desktop Business - March 5, 2013